Call for Funding under the 2017 RAPID Programme
Community Safety Initiatives in Disadvantaged Urban Areas– Call for Funding Submissions under the 2017 RAPID Programme
Kerry County Council in conjunction with the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development is inviting applications for funding under the new revamped RAPID Programme under the theme Community Safety & Anti-Social Behaviour. The funding relates to Capital Projects only and is available for projects in disadvantaged urban areas which demonstrate added value and complement the actions agreed in Kerry’s Local Economic and Community Plan.
A total of €64,500 is available under this fund. The types of projects that may be considered for funding include:
- Community CCTV equipment in disadvantaged urban areas;
- Signage for Community Alert,/Neighbourhood watch Groups ;
- Support for Community Buildings in Local Authority Estates
- Streetscape projects in disadvantaged urban areas that design out crime and create natural surveillance
- Enhanced security measures for community buildings in disadvantaged urban areas.
Application forms are available below or by calling the Community Department in Kerry County Council on 066 7183680.
The deadline for project applications is Friday the 24th of November 2017.
Often requests for funding exceed the funds available, offers of funding may therefore be for a lesser amount than that sought by the applicant. In such circumstances, applications fulfilling the conditions may not be successful or may be for a lesser amount.
The Community Department